Well, I can say this much for having an extended period without power: it's much easier to get to bed on time.
The night after storm (Sunday) I finally got through to the power company for a time estimate on restoring the electricity. They said Wednesday. Now that Wednesday's here, they've moved the estimate to Friday. FRIDAY! And not just Friday, but:Fri Jun 13 23:45:00 EDT 2008
I'm no expert on military time, but I'm reading it as just before midnight. Yeah, way to get things back on before the weekend. Other helpful information from the power company includes:
The Number of Outages in your area: 3916Up until now, I've never lived any place where I could come to expect a least a few full days without power each year.
Thunderstorms that blew into Southeastern Michigan Friday and continued through this morning knocked out power to more than 360,000 Detroit Edison customers. As of noon [yesterday], about 195,000 customers remained without power.
But on the plus side, Michigan has been running a wonderful ad campaign.
0 comments:
Post a Comment