Friday, February 22, 2008

A Silly Hobby

I'd like to take this moment to share a dumb hobby of mine--if it can even be called a hobby. I collect autographed photos of my elected representatives. It started in South Dakota, when Carol was called in to the TV studio to do the makeup for Republican senator John Thune. She surprised me by asking him for an autograph for me, which he mailed to me a few weeks later.

Of course, with one senator under my belt, I had to get the other one, Tim Johnson, Democrat though he was. Finally, I rounded out the group with the state's sole House representative, Stephanie Herseth (also a Democrat).

You can see the rest of my collection. Today I added our utterly inept governor Jennifer Granholm. It's amazing what a little false flattery can get you.

1 comments:

n8'swife said...

You should start a collection of autographs of completely random, not famous people. I'll send you one if you want to start!!
Thanks for chatting and giving us the traffic report the other night!